One of our several complaints in our Warhammer: Vermintide 2- Shadows Over Bogenhafen DLC review was the grindiness and lack of variety in the weekly strongbox challenges. It looks like Fatshark listened to the community and have released a new patch addressing the issue.
According to the patch notes, to let DLC owners get a hold of Bögenhafen Strongboxes a bit faster, and have more varied challenges – Fatshark have added more quests. That means you will get three different quests each week, instead of just one. These new quests are more varied in their requirements, both in terms of the quest conditions, and how long they will take to complete. The overall requirements have been lowered a bit, across the board – so for instance, the most number of Quickplay missions in a Weekly quest has been reduced from 25 to 10.
Another change to weekly quests is that when they refresh on the start of the week, all quests are reset. This means that progress no longer carries over from week to week.
Additionally, the patch also squashes various bugs that were introduced with the DLC.
- Added an option to turn off aim acceleration, when playing with a controller.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using Twitch Mode, and opening a menu.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if someone attempted to join while you were playing the Prologue.
- Fixed an issue which, in some cases, would disconnect clients from the host in areas where enemies had trouble navigating – such as narrow doors and the barricades on the event on The Pit. This could result in a large stream of network requests, which would cause clients to disconnect, leaving the host playing with bots.
- We have had many reports of situations where the game is unable to communicate with the game backend when inside the Waystone Bubble, at the end of the mission. This could result in the party being stuck, without transitioning to the end game screen. We’ve added measures that should resolve this and will continue to monitor the issue.
- Fixed an issue with healthbars being drawn incorrectly when switching input device while being dead during a mission.
- Fixed a crash when dropping a torch, or other level objects, at the same time as shutting down a game session.
- Fixed an issue where Battle Wizard Sienna’s Perk “Reckless Haste”, or her talents “Voracious Conjuring” and “Rechannel” would not correctly increase charge speed when using a Bolt Staff. A similar issue affected the animation speed when using Bolt Staff, and these Perks and Talents. These will now correctly speed up its animations.
- Fixed an issue where attacks that do Area of Effect damage wouldn’t trigger effect that trigger on Critical Hits – such as Siennas Fireball Staff with a charged attack.
- Fixed an issue where Horde mutators from Deeds would persist through the session, efter after the Deed was completed.
- Fixed an issue where the Vetaran Two-Handed Sword “Van Hal’s Reaper” would not play a sound when unsheathing.
- Fixed some dialogue issues where Waystalker Kerillian and Olysea would play the incorrect voice lines, or play duplicate voice lines.