Croteam have announced that today marks the launch of The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition on Xbox One. Priced at $49.99 The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition brings players all mind-bending puzzles and the deep psychological story told through both the main game and the critically acclaimed expansion The Road to Gehenna.
On top of that, The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition has been optimized to take full advantage of the more powerful Xbox One X with added 4K support, so players can experience the game with never before seen visuals.
“We are a small studio, but a very committed one as well. We’ve always felt that The Talos Principle should be experienced by players on all platforms, as it’s a good fit for PC, mobile, and home consoles,” explained lead game designer Davor Hunski. “It took some time, but now we can finally provide gamers on Xbox with the opportunity to jump into our unlikely mash-up of a classic puzzle game and a deep psychological background story.”
The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition launches on Xbox One later today, August 31, with a 20% launch discount for all those players eager to jump in early.
The Talos Principle is a first-person puzzle game in the tradition of philosophical science fiction. Made by Croteam and written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything).
As if awakening from a deep sleep, you find yourself in a strange, contradictory world of ancient ruins and advanced technology. Tasked by your creator with solving a series of increasingly complex puzzles, you must decide whether to have faith or to ask the difficult questions: Who are you? What is your purpose And what are you going to do about it?
- Overcome more than 120 immersive puzzles in a stunning world.
- Divert drones, manipulate laser beams and even replicate time to prove your worth – or to find a way out.
- Explore a story about humanity, technology, and civilization. Uncover clues, devise theories, and make up your own mind.
- Choose your own path through the game’s non-linear world, solving puzzles your way.
- But remember: choices have consequences and somebody’s always watching you.
- Xbox One X Enhanced with 4K support