Starborne is a new and ambitious take on the strategy genre. The idea behind the game is to combine the best elements from 4X empire building games like Civilization with the real time, multiplayer mechanics of MMORTS games like Tribal Wars and Travian.
Players take on the role of a space commander and need to compete or collaborate with thousands of players to take control of the galaxy. Forge alliances, wage wars and expand your space station into a galactic empire along the way.
“We learned a lot from our late 2017 test, we had to take stock of what was working well and what could be improved” says Stefán, the CEO of Solid Cloud and added “This release marks the first time you can truly complete an entire game of Starborne as all our endgame mechanics and intermediate goal setting has been reworked and improved. These will be the last rounds of alpha tests before an Open Beta launch in April 2019.”
New Alpha 2018 Features
- Completely revamped game world and new UI style
- Endgame super structures
- Game world doubled in size, now supporting 5130 concurrent players
- Stations skill trees now lead to creation of companies
- Endgame confederacies introduced (Alliance of player alliances)
- Alliances can now build structures
- Empire policy skill trees
- Module cards – brand new card type
- The Recon – brand new ship type
- Fleet fights are now rendered on the map
The three month alpha test will begin on October 30th at 18:00 UTC, and players can download the game on www.starborne.com ;shortly before the server goes live.