Iron Tower Studio, the masterminds behind the brutally difficult and open-ended RPG Age of Decadence is in head-deep development of their next sprawling RPG, The New World. Refered to as A Generation Ship RPG, The New World has received its own Steam page and is targeting a fall 2020 release window.
According to the store page, “The New World is an isometric, party-based RPG inspired by Heinlein’s Orphans of the Sky. Your character’s world is a “generation ship,” a massive spacecraft on a centuries long voyage to colonize a distant planet. The Ship’s original government has been disbanded following a violent mutiny and you must negotiate a treacherous path among your fellow passengers and the contentious factions striving to dominate the Ship. Your choices alone will determine who your friends and enemies are.”
- Skill-based character system, with feats and biological implants.
- Tactical turn-based combat, featuring standard as well as targeted attacks and weapon-specific special attacks such as Fanning and Long Burst.
- Multiple quest solutions, mutually exclusive questlines, and a branching main storyline.
- 12 recruitable party members with different personalities, agendas, and beliefs.
- 3 main factions and a score of lesser factions and groups.
- A large arsenal including melee weapons, firearms, energy pistols, grenades, and fancy electronic gadgets like the Reality Distortion Field.
- Different environments to explore, from the Engine Room and Hydroponics to the dystopian cities of the Habitat and the Wasteland, the now uncharted corridors and decks that bore the brunt of the fighting during the Mutiny.
Even though we’re a long away from actually playing it, considering the veteran talent Iron Tower is boasting, The New World is definitely a game that should be on your watch list.