The 5th season of Destiny 2, brings a lot of updates to the game (some of them you can check out here). One of the biggest updates this season (also called the Season of The Forge) are the 3 new pinnacle weapons that the players can get.
Pinnacle weapons are masterworked legendary weapons, that are awarded to guardians after completing long grinding quests throughout the duration of a season. Last season, the pinnacle weapon, Luna’s Howl was limited to Crucible, this time however Guardians can pick up 3 Piinacle Weapon quest and get them through grinds in Crucible, Gambit and Vanguard Strikes respectively.
Unlike previous pinnacle weapon quests, the Season 5 weapons can all be earned on any character, and progress made toward one will be shared across all of them. These quests will also persist past Season 5, although specific objectives (like reaching Fabled) will reset at the start of each season.
Now that all of the background is out of the way, let’s look at how one can get these pinnacle weapons.
Crucible Pinnacle Weapon :: The Mountaintop
- Get the quest “FIRST OF MANY” from Shaxx in the Tower.
- Players will need to earn Glory rank of Brave (rank two) in the competitive playlist.
- 750 points with grenade launchers (three points per kill in non-competitive, 10 in competitive)
- 200 multi-kill points (two points per double in non-competitive, five in competitive)
- 100 Calculated Trajectory points (one point for each medal earned in non-competitive, four for competitive). For the Calculated Trajectory medal, players will need to kill three opponents with a grenade launcher without dying.
- Players will need to reach the rank of Fabled (rank four) in the competitive playlist.
Once done head over to Shaxx, to get your hands on The Mountaintop, a kinetic grenade launcher. The Mountaintop fires a “micro-missile,” the projectile moves very quickly and does not arc, making it much easier to actually hit targets. On its default setting, the missile will detonate when it impacts on a wall, but you can also switch over to sticky grenades for more of a trap oriented play style.
Vanguard Pinnacle Weapon :: Loaded Question
Loaded Question is a high-impact fusion rifle with the unique perk Reservoir Burst. When Loaded Question has a full magazine, the first shot will deal bonus damage and cause enemies killed to explode, damaging nearby enemies.
To get Loaded Question not only will you need patience and persevereance, you would also need to do the following:
- Get The Quest “Countdown To Zero” from Zavala in the Tower.
- Complete 40 strikes or Nightfall activities.
- Get 1000 ARC damage kills in Vanguard strikes or Nightfall activities.
- Get 500 fusion rifle kills in Vanguard strikes or Nightfall activities.
The good thing here is that these milestones overlap and are stackable, so by the time you are done with the 40 strikes, the other 2 should ideally be done with too. Happy Hunting.
Gambit Pinnacle Weapon :: Breakneck
Finally, the pinnacle weapon that can be achieved by spending time in the Gambit mode (if you haven’t tried Gambit yet, you need to find out what the hype is about). The Breakneck is an auto rifle, with a unique perk of Onslaught. Onslaught causes the gun to fire faster the more stacks of Rampage it has active — a damage bonus earned after getting a kill that stacks up to three times.
To get Breakneck, all you’ll need to do is:
- Get the quest “Before The Storm” from The Drifter in the Tower.
- Get 500 auto rifle kills.
- Kill 150 challenging enemies.
- Earn 100 auto rifle multi-kills.
- Complete 40 Gambit matches.
And that’s that, grind through all of those objectives, and you will have 3 pinnacle weapons available at your disposle. Now only if I can find 5 guys to run a raid with.
Pinnacle weapons are not the only change coming to Destiny 2 with Season Of The Forge, find out what lies in the future for Destiny 2, and tell us what you think of the game in the comments.