DrinkBox Studios has also announced Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (gee that’s a mouthful) is available starting today for Nintendo Switch for $14.99. They also shared the new trailer for the game, which you can watch below.
Set in and around a small village in Mexico, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead. Inspired by Mexican folklore, players take control of a down-on-his-luck wrestler named Juan Aguacate, as he fights through hordes of undead enemies and skeleton henchmen to stop the evil Carlos Calaca from gaining ultimate power by sacrificing the beautiful “El Presidente’s Daughter”.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition will feature a bevvy of new content, including an extended story with new game areas, a new boss character, powerful new player abilities and many other enhancements.
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
Drinkbox Studios also announced that the acclaimed sequel Guacamelee! 2 is coming to Nintendo Switch this December.