Goa-based indie developer Frostwood Interactive announced the release date for Rainswept, an intriguing point and click murder mystery adventure game due out on February 1st, 2019.
Rainswept follows the cold midnight shootings of Christopher Green and Diane Miller, residents of Pineview with a troubled reputation.
Detective Michael Stone enters the small town of Pineview to assist the local police force with a seemingly simple case – A couple is found dead in their kitchen. The locals believe it to be a case of murder-suicide, their speculation fueled by rumors of the turbulent nature of the couple’s relationship.
Is it just idle gossip, or is there some truth to the rumors?
Assisted by the empathetic Officer Blunt, Rainswept aims to settle its audience into the daily rhythm of a small-town murder investigation by having them explore the streets of Pineview, interrogate suspects and solve puzzles in point n’ click fashion. All while Detective Anderson’s own unresolved trauma threatens to jeopardize the case. Players will also experience Chris’ emotional story with Diane through flashback sequences, joining them in pivotal moments of their lives.
- A Story-First Approach emphasizing dramatic cut-scenes, dialogue choices, dream and flashback sequences.
- Multiple Perspectives. Relive key moments off Chris and Diane’s love affair as they get to know each other and fall in love.
- An Opinionated Cast of interactive small-town personalities, persons of interest, uncooperative government officials, choices of dialogue and a few personal demons.
- Surreal and Stylish 2D Artwork to complement Pineview’s part-rain swept, part-sun washed streets with dramatic cinematography, gradient lighting and parallax environments.
- An Original Score by micAmic of The Cat Lady, Downfall and Lorelai
- Coffee, cigarettes and pines.
Rainswept will be launched on February 1st, 2019 for PC and Mac on Steam.
About Frostwood Interactive
Frostwood Interactive is independently run by Armaan Sandhu, architect and filmmaker with a passion for creating emotionally compelling, narrative-driven video game experiences. Rainswept will be its first commercial release.