HeroCraft and developer Studio Mono have announced that their upcoming dieselpunk RPG, INSOMNIA: The Ark, will launch for PC via Steam on September 27th. INSOMNIA is described as a complex story-driven RPG that takes place on a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization. This sprawling RPG will feature over 60 hours of content, as players explore a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization.
Players will explore more than 70 unique locations, populated by 250 key characters uttering over 200,000 words of dialogue. The epic story can be completed alongside four NPC companions, and there will be 12 different endings at which the player can arrive, depending on their choices throughout the game.
HeroCraft and Studio Mono have also revealed that the game will get extensive post-launch support, with additional content and features to be added via free DLCs. The studio is currently focusing on improving the combat, UI and squashing various bugs, thanks to the feedback from the beta. You can check out the roadmap for INSOMNIA here.
- Exploration is rewarding… and dangerous. Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention – INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.
- Personalized journey. Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.
- Your choices matter. INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.
- Strategic real-time combat. INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely – every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.
- A rich universe. Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.