Daedalic Entertainment has announced that their futuristic Sci-Fi thriller State of Mind will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam for PC, Mac and Linux on 15th August, 2018.
Developed in Unreal Engine, State of Mind takes a sharp look at the immense technological promise of today by jumping us forward to Berlin in 2048. Players take on the role of Richard Nolan, a journalist whose life is starting to fall apart. His wife and child have disappeared and his memories are slipping away.
“State of Mind is a game about transhumanism and its all-in bet on the future,” explains the game’s author, Martin Ganteföhr. “It is, however, not a game about the technology of tomorrow, but about tomorrow’s people. In the center of this narrative is the motif of separation and reunion. What happens, if the future creates fractures between body and mind? Between reality and constructs? Between biological and virtual ego?”
The game’s main protagonist, Richard Nolan, is one of the few journalists openly criticizing this development. When he wakes up in hospital after an explosion and finds that his wife and son have mysteriously vanished, Richard realizes: he and his family have become more than just bystanders in a storm of rivaling ideas pertaining humankind’s salvation between dystopian reality and digital utopia. Instead, they find themselves right at the center of it.
State of Mind features:
- An unsettling vision of the near future players can throw themselves into
- Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined
- Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism
- Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters
- Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters
- Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard‘s past
State of Mind is now available for preorder on Steam and GOG. The MSRP for the PC, Mac and Linux version is 29,99 Euro/USD (INR 1349) and 39,99 Euro/USD on consoles.