Players of the dinosaur survival action-adventure game ARK: Survival Evolved can return to Earth today as the game’s third expansion pack “Extinction” is available now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. ARK: Extinction contains a new map and story line to explore, dozens of new creatures to tame, and challenges even for veteran ARK Survivors who have conquered all previous obstacles – can you defeat the gigantic roaming Titans which dominate the Element-infested, ravaged planet, and complete the ARK cycle to save Earth’s future?
Visit the ruined world that’s rampant with Element-corrupted creatures! At the heart of Extinction is a towering but decaying metropolis, protected by a force of robotic guards known as the Scouts and Enforcers. Discover and explore long abandoned micro-biospheres which served as the early prototypes for the ARKs of today. Scour the land for Orbital Supply Drops, tame exotic creatures, and build a Mek powerful enough to defeat the colossal, tameable Titans dominating the landscape.
With new mutated creatures to tame, players will have to rely on Extinction’s latest additions in order to stay alive and reap the rewards.
- As a veteran survivor who has conquered all previous obstacles, the ultimate challenge awaits: take on and TAME the massive roaming Titans — dungeon dwelling bosses that are powerful enough to make even the mightiest T-Rex whimper! Gather your friends, all of your dinos, and your entire arsenal of weapons if you want to survive and complete the ARK cycle to save Earth’s future.
- Launch through the air and leap great distances with air-inhaling Gasbags, freeze your enemies into icy statues with the majestic gliding Managarmr, unleash a barrage of spiny projectiles with the Velonasaur, and discover many more fantastic new creatures among the ruins of Earth!
- Store creatures in your inventory with Cryopods. Capture them into small cubes, then pop them out from your inventory unexpectedly at enemies! Send your items back to home base using the new aerial item balloons, cross giant chasms with the extendable Tek Bridge, along with an arsenal of all-new items and weapons to aid your survival.
- Venture into the harsh Wasteland to intercept Orbital Supply Drops filled with gear and resources – but watch out! Element-corrupted dinosaurs will try to stop you in this team-based defense challenge.
- The all new map has a long abandoned Metropolis, humanity’s last bastion, to explore! Metropolis is now overgrown and decayed but still under surveillance by a protective army of robotic creatures.
- Proto-ARKs, prototype areas built as early simulations of the three predominant ecosystems: the Crater Forest, the Desert and the Tundra.
- Build and pilot advanced Meks loaded with customizable weaponry to take on the toughest enemies, including the gigantic End Boss guarding the ultimate secret of the ARK!