Nightdive studios have released a source port update for their enhanced edition of System Shock. The game has been rebuilt from the original source code and the update is free for all owners of the game.
System Shock: Enhanced Edition features:
- Higher resolution support up to 4K widescreen mode
- Mouselook support
- Rebindable keyboard/mouse/joystick commands
- Adapted to Nightdive’s KEX engine
- Support for both Direct3D and OpenGL
- Option to switch between hi-resolution Mac assets and the original DOS assets
- Official support for fan missions and fan mods
- New unified options menu that allows changing preferences before gameplay
- Adjustable FOV (Field of View)
- Smoother camera rotation and translation
- Improved control scheme which allows faster and streamlined experience
- Brand new achievements
- In-Game remappable keys with three profiles to choose from: original controls, custom controls, and lefthanded controls.
- Many original game bugs fixed.
System Shock: Enhanced Edition is now on sale with 50% on Steam should you decide to buy it.