Psyonix has announced that a brand new Rocket League update is coming later this month on September 28, and will bring with it a new arena, the start of competitive season 6, and a bunch of new customization options.
According to the developer, the game will debut a brand new Events system, which will introduce limited-time events that allow players to earn additional customizable options for their cars. Using a new item called the Decryptor, players will be able to unlock any unopened crate in their inventory without having to purchase a key. Psyonix promises to provide more details as the update draws closer.
For a closer look at everything that’s coming to the game, check out below:
- Farmstead, a new Seasonal Arena available in Competitive, Casual, and Private matches for a limited time this Fall
- More than 90 FREE new Customization Items available as Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare drops after online matches or from Trade-Ins
- The introduction of Player Banners, a new player customization feature
- The End of Competitive Season 5 and the start of Competitive Season 6
- Standardization of Arenas for Competitive and Casual Online play
- Transparent Goalposts
- LAN Support for PC players
- And much more!
As The Rocket League update launches September 28.