Overwatch Game director,Jeff Kaplan recently announced in a Developer Update video that Mercy’s ultimate ability will no longer be Resurrect. which seemed shocking at first.
Instead, Resurrect will now be a secondary common ability for Mercy
Mercy’s new ultimate ability is called Valkyrie, and when she uses it she’ll have the ability to fly in which you have complete control of your character. After all, Mercy has those wings we might as well put them to real use.
Valkyrie will also boost Mercy’s other abilities, giving her a shorter Resurrection cooldown and making her more powerful in “Battle Mercy” mode. Her attack weapon will fire faster and do more damage when Valkyrie is in effect, making her much deadlier in combat situations. Guardian Angel will go much further with Valkyrie active, giving Mercy better mobility. And her healing and damage boost beams will similarly extend further and target multiple teammates at once.
Here are the changes to Mercy as specified in the PTR’s latest patch notes:
Valkyrie unleashes the full power of Mercy’s Valkyrie Suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds:
- Caduceus Staff: Mercy’s healing and damage boost beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff’s effective range has been extended
- Caduceus Blaster: Granted infinite ammo, while simultaneously increasing damage and fire rate
- Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
- Resurrect: Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
- Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
- Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage
Those proposed Mercy changes are live on Overwatch’s public test region (PTR) servers. Kaplan said the team will be experimenting with different versions of Resurrect and how it works with Valkyrie, so don’t consider any of these changes set in stone just yet.