Studio Wildcard announced today that its highly acclaimed, multimillion selling dino-tastic survival game, ARK: Survival Evolved, is available now in full “boxed retail” and 1.0 digital form worldwide in retail stores and on digital storefronts for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Steam PC, Mac, and Linux.
ARK can be purchased on-disc and on digital platforms as both the base game – ARK: Survival Evolved – and the Explorer’s Edition. The Explorer’s Edition takes the base game and grants access to all current and upcoming expansion packs, starting with Scorched Earth (available now) and including more packs launching later this year and into 2018.
Since its launch into Steam’s early access program in June 2015, over 10 Million survivors have been stranded on the ARK island, wandering into an incredible land to discover how to tame, train, ride, and breed the 100+ dinosaurs and primeval creatures roaming the land. Today the mysterious island reveals its true meaning to current players and new Island initiates!
– Orchestral Soundtrack: Composer Gareth Coker (Minecraft, Ori and the Blind Forest) recorded the in-game music at Abbey Road Studios in London with the renowned Philharmonia Orchestra. A huge and varied score brings to life every part of the game, be it the beach, the mountains, the jungles, the desert, the caves, the epic boss battles, and even the out-of-this-world science-fiction climax of ARK’s End Game.
– Ragnarok DLC: A free expansion map built by members of the ARK modding community, this huge map launched today for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms! This 144 sq km island features expansive biomes and distinct creatures, including the Griffin with its unique dive-bomb attack!
– Storyline: Players will get a better sense of where they are, why they are there and what the ARK actually is
– End Game Content: Hunt down the end boss, then conquer him with your fellow survivors and dino army!
– Two New Creatures:
- Otter – Found along the island’s many waterways, this friendly furry creature will ride on your shoulder, keep you warm, and is the only ARK creature able to harvest the coveted black pearls!
- Phoenix – Found only on the ARK Scorched Earth expansion pack, this mythological creature appears during extreme heat waves and if provoked sets targets ablaze with a single bite!